2023 marks the 12th Annual Mother’s Day community planting and you’re all invited to join us on Sunday 14th May 9am – 12pm.
What better way to honour our mothers, especially Mother Earth, by planting trees to regenerate rainforest and support biodiversity into the future. That’s good for every one of us and our wildlife!
Supported by Carbon Positive Australia and Plant Trees Australia, 1000 trees will be planted. This year a rainforest species mix has been carefully selected, connecting to important surrounding remnant vegetation at the planting site.
Site: 62 Yankee Creek Rd, Mullumbimby – access via Left Bank Rd (not Wilsons Creek Rd).
No registrations are required this year but feel free to let us know you’re ‘Going’ by liking the BVL Facebook Event, that will assist us with numbers for catering.
This fun, free community event involves all the usual delights, including famed delicious barbecue, homemade cakes and sweets, and amazing live entertainment featuring Smokey Fields and Spaghetti Circus.
- REMEMBER TO BRING a hat, gloves, gumboots & wet weather gear and/or sunscreen depending on conditions of the day, some drinking water and a BYO coffee cup.
- Please leave your dogs at home though.
- PARKING: follow the signs on Yankee Creek Rd to direct you to safe parking options, we recommend car-pooling if you can.
- Gluten free, dairy free & vego requirements catered for.
- Portaloo facility will be available on site.
- The trusty BVL team will be on hand to assist with planting guidance, if needed.
- Most importantly, be prepared to have a great day out with our community!
Huge thanks to event partners and supporters: Carbon Positive Australia, Plant Trees Australia, The Byron Shire Echo, Bay FM, Byron Shire Council and Little Valley Distribution.