“SOIL-OUR NATIONAL CAPITAL”
Three locations to choose from:
- Monday 21st June – Malua Farm, Lindendale (macadamia),
- Wednesday 23rd June – Leela Farms, Mullumbimby (grazing),
- Friday 25th June – Rosedale Farm, Doubtful Creek, via Casino (grazing).
Day Workshop 08:30 -16:00
Maintaining and regenerating healthy soil is recognised as the keystone to successful production. Hear from producers, recap on soil health, hear from expert soil and farm advisors, and operators.
Why is soil so important. What a difference a healthy soil makes to production and farm ecosystem management. Soil’s crucial role in water, nutrient and Carbon management. Carbon trading. Industry trends for producers.
These workshops are ticketed events. Cost is $27 per person to help cover costs. Morning tea, lunch and wind-up drinks included.
Interactive, on-farm workshops represent regional grazing and macadamia industries, aligned in their objectives for environmental stewardship. Brought to you by Casino Food Coop, Australian Macadamia Society, Northern Rivers Food and Farming Into The Future.
MC Charlie Arnott and Host Producer
- Glenn Morris (Regen graziersoils New England) – The journey from conventional to regenerative practices via soil health
- John Grant ( PhD, Sthn Cross Uni Soils)- Soil-Back to Basics
- Alan Coates and Dave Forrest (Consultant soils experts) – Soil Management-Why it’s the keystone for future farming
- Kevin Glencross (PhD, consultant)- Soil carbon and soil nutrient cycle; the role of on-farm vegetation for drought resilience,soil health and C capture.
- Nathan Jennings (Local Land Services Snr Ag officer)- What’s happening in the field?
- Joe Leven ( Casino Food Coop)- Linking food production and ecosystem amangement; analysing uptake of RAg practices; industry validation; Carbon Schemes for Industry
- Paddock Inspection (looking at examples in the field)
- Monday @ Linendale – macadamias with wide rows, grassed surfaces and inter-row cropping, soil testing and insectories – Leonie Kojetin (AMS) and Richard Lewellyn ( BioResources)
- Wednesday @ Myocum – grazing and mixed farm practising rotational grazing and soil improvements – Johan Kortenhorst, John Grant and Alan Coates
- Friday @ Doubtful Creek – grazing adopting de-compaction trials, yeomans, rotational grazing, multi-species pastures – Gavin Tinning, John Grant and Alan Coates
Directions for the individual locations and further information on what to bring will be emailed to you once you register.
Enquiries please contact email@example.com 0421 244 640