The Land for Wildlife (LfW) program is a voluntary property registration scheme for landowners who wish to manage areas for biodiversity and wildlife habitat.
Land for Wildlife encourages and assists landholders to include nature conservation along with other land management objectives.
Land for Wildlife is free to join and is not legally binding. Registration in the scheme will not change the legal status of a property.
Brunswick Valley Landcare is pleased to announce they have taken on the regional provision of the Land for Wildlife scheme for Byron Shire.
Who is eligible?
Land for Wildlife welcomes landholders who:
- Have a property with at half a hectare or more of native bush land,
- Are willing to manage part or all of their property in an environmentaly sustainable way,
A “working towards” registration category is available to landholders who do not qualify for full registration at the first property visit. Advice will be given to the landholder to help them work towards full registration.
Benefits of joining LfW
- There is no cost and the title of the property is not affected
- Registration puts landholders in touch with like minded people and to receive useful information or invitations to workshops
Landholders who qualify for registration receive:
- A site visit from one of our trained assessors
- a Land for Wildlife sign in recognition of their commitment to wildlife conservation.
- ongoing support and advice through – workshops, field days, newsletters.
To apply to become a registered property you will need to complete and Expression of Interest Form. For more information on Land for Wildlife please contact Alison Ratcliffe, Landcare Support Officer on 02 6626 7028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org